Author Topic: Temp banned for appearently a silly reason.  (Read 217 times)

Offline dhrithi

• View Profile
Temp banned for appearently a silly reason.
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:35:40 AM »
Yesterday I had applied for clan membership.
While I just used the prefix tag when the approval was pending(Learnt that it was later declined). Yet an admin Pompy abruptly temp banned me for the same citing a rule.

I will like to add that this is over a decade old game with the number of players and servers count are on a steady decline.
I just played for some fun on your server for about a week. Even when I applied for membership it was for no other reason than just simple gaming.

I have been member/admin of some clans in different games. Players are usually welcomed w/o much hassle, sorry to see this is my first experience at noticing too much red tape over membership for a game thats past its prime. I was within the top 100 players while I played. I played for some nostalgia.

It's annoying to be kicked off midway.

Offline xvi

• Administrator
  • Whenever you'r gone...
    • View Profile
    • Resolute Gamers
Re: Temp banned for appearently a silly reason.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »
a) First of all it does not matters within our clan if it's an old game or a new one. We have been in business since 3 long years and we are like a community that loves gaming and do live by following rules as well as enjoy the game.

b) As you already said we are not different from any other clans, almost alike (except we don't do multiclanning) and each and every players are most welcomed to play in our server and have fun, we welcome everyone's suggestions as well as make sure that the gameplay remains fair.

You were not kicked/banned by Pompy (if it was a tempban that you received previous evening IST). I myself was in-game at that particular time and you mentioned me that it's an old game and it does not matters. The reason behind your tempban is very clear. You were asked multiple times and was explained that you'r not allowed to use the r.G| tag until and unless you are accepted. We respect each and every member of our clan and the tag itself resembles that the player/person using it is a part of our community. We strictly don't allow any other user to use the tag. You wrote a membership application and then after without any confirmation (i hardly believe you went through the rules and regulations/the protocols for membership application which was the actual reason for your application being denied) you started using the r.G| tag.
We mean no harm to anyone, anyone playing fair is welcomed to be a part of our community but there remains some terms and steps in order to join us.
For us the tag and the clan means much than you can think, so in case if you continue to use the tag you will be permanently banned from our server.
I hope i was able to answer your questions. Feel free to loop in our server as it was a tempban of 20 minutes. You'r also welcomed to join us if you want only after you are familiar how to be a part of the clan.
Have a good day.

Offline dhrithi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »
I have not used to such 'strict regulations' over clan membership. I did apply here before I used the tag in the name. When I wrote 'Yes I agree that rules like EULA', I was just being sarcastic. So rejection was entirely uncalled for. So was the ban on a recreation server, I presume there no professional gaming going in Cod4 anymore. People play for nostalgia.

I haven't multi-claned, especially in the same game. Like clans in Rainbowsiege don't play GTA 5 or BF4. I personally host a clan in GTA 5 with 600 members from India.

Thanks, it was a pleasure playing in your server.

a) First of all it does not matters within our clan if it's an old game or a new one. We have been in business since 3 long years and we are like a community that loves gaming and do live by following rules as well as enjoy the game.

b) As you already said we are not different from any other clans, almost alike (except we don't do multiclanning) and each and every players are most welcomed to play in our server and have fun, we welcome everyone's suggestions as well as make sure that the gameplay remains fair.

You were not kicked/banned by Pompy (if it was a tempban that you received previous evening IST). I myself was in-game at that particular time and you mentioned me that it's an old game and it does not matters. The reason behind your tempban is very clear. You were asked multiple times and was explained that you'r not allowed to use the r.G| tag until and unless you are accepted. We respect each and every member of our clan and the tag itself resembles that the player/person using it is a part of our community. We strictly don't allow any other user to use the tag. You wrote a membership application and then after without any confirmation (i hardly believe you went through the rules and regulations/the protocols for membership application which was the actual reason for your application being denied) you started using the r.G| tag.
We mean no harm to anyone, anyone playing fair is welcomed to be a part of our community but there remains some terms and steps in order to join us.
For us the tag and the clan means much than you can think, so in case if you continue to use the tag you will be permanently banned from our server.
I hope i was able to answer your questions. Feel free to loop in our server as it was a tempban of 20 minutes. You'r also welcomed to join us if you want only after you are familiar how to be a part of the clan.
Have a good day.

Offline xvi

• Administrator
  • Whenever you'r gone...
    • View Profile
    • Resolute Gamers
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »
Indeed i saw your application before banning you. Just by putting up a thread regarding membership application does not makes you a member/admin. You need to get accepted for it and then you may use the r.G| tag. Also as i said it previously it simply does not matters if the game is old or new and neither it's something related to the game we are judging about. It's about the tag and the clan/community.
We never ban/kick someone without a specific reason. In any circumstances anyone who is not a member of the clan is allowed to use the tag. The tag is for the admins/members specifically, so that anyone who is in-game and looking for any kind of help can check out the player's using the tag and ask for assistance (if required). We have that rule set in our @rules section as well. It even helps us to distinguish clan members/admins among other players in-game.
Thank you for understanding and it's nice to have you here.